Arjomand Law Group (ALG) serves our clients through the services of principal attorneys, collaborating attorneys, and technical consultants. Please see the bio of our professionals below.
Dr. Ata Arjomand has more than 25 years of experience, ranging from patent prosecution, manufacturing, engineering design, management, theoretical research, and teaching, to mediation and arbitration. Dr. Arjomand is the initial point of contact for new clients.
J.D. Univ.of Washington Law 2003
Ph.D. Yale University Electrical Eng. 1992
Ph.D. Stanford University Mechanical Eng. 1984
M.Phil. Yale University Computer Eng. 1989
M.S. Yale University Computer Eng. 1988
M.S. Stanford University Electrical Eng. 1982
M.S. Stanford University Mechanical Eng. 1979
B.S. Louisiana St. Univ. Mechanical Eng. 1978
Tehran Univiversity Mechanical Eng. '72-'75
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Bar Association (WSBA)
- US District Court, Western District of WA (Federal)
- United States Patent and Trademark Offic (USPTO)
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in 9 states, including California, New York, Washington, and Oregon
- Licensed Commercial Pilot (IFR rated).
- Technical Adviser to the patent group of Perkins Coie LLP, 2001-2003
- Patent Attorney at Perkins Coie LLP, 2003-2006
- Summer Extern at the Attorney General Office of Seattle, WA, 2003
- Program Manager at Microsoft, 2000-2001
- Lead Engineer at Boeing military and commercial Airplanes, 1990-2000
- Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering at U. of Puerto Rico, 1984- 1986
- Engineering Consultant to multiple National and International companies since 1975